We have the second beautiful NY wedding to share today. Renee and Tarik, a Kiwi couple who chose to elope to the big apple.
With a classic city hall ceremony, pictures at Grand Central Station and Central Park, then drinks in a champagne bar to finish - its just what you'd imagine a New York City wedding would be.
Renee had some great tips so share on planning an NYC destination wedding:
• Make sure you check American holidays. We almost got caught out with getting our marriage licence 24 hours beforehand by a long weekend.
• New York florists are expensive. My husband went to the corner supermarket, brought fresh flowers and made my bouquet while I was getting ready.
• If you're getting married in the summer like we did, book a car for a few hours, the subways are so hot you will end up a mess. Plus it means you can take drinks and snacks for between ceremony and photo locations.
• Ask your vendors for recommendations. Katie Jane put me in touch with a fantastic makeup artist who in turn recommended a hair stylist. They were all lovely people to spend part of a special day with.
• Book Katie Jane! She is the best. It was great to have her as part of our day and it goes without saying that we are thrilled with the photos she captured.
Photography by Katie Jane Elopement Photography.