Forget sun damage, the winter can wreak havoc on your skin. Cold weather, strong winds and dry air from heaters can leave your skin dehydrated and damaged. Here are a few of our favourite winter skin saviours:
- Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion $79.95
- Origins Drink Up 10 minute mask $45.00
- Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist $24.00
- U Little Beauty Drought Relief Hydrating Facial Mask $29.95
If natural DIY beauty is more your thing try these tips to exfoliate and moisturise in the winter months.
- Oats are not only good for a winter breakfast, they are a great beauty product too. Cook up some oats and mix them with honey. Apply to your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Using an old square of cotton, add a few spoonfuls of oats into the centre and tie it up. Put it in the bath under a running tap to soften the water and your skin.
- Sliced tomatoes placed on the face tone and freshen the skin, and also help with acne.
- A mashed papaya mask left of for 5 minutes will exfoliate.
- And of course we all know cucumber softens the skin and helps to minimise dark circles under the eyes. Mix grated cucumber with cool yogurt for inflamed skin.