Hands up who dressed up in tiara, scoffed cucumber sandwiches and watched the royal wedding last week - or was that just me? We were so pleased at 'i do' it yourself to learn Kate is a DIY bride! While she wasn't at the Abbey night before hanging streamers, she did opt to do her own makeup. Something many brides put right at the bottom of their DIY list and that's without two million people watching them walk down the aisle. Celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward, who's salon styled Kate, said the one rule she had was to be recognised by William on the day. So hats off to Kate for bucking the increasingly alarming trend of shows like brideaplasty!
No matter what look Kate went for, it was going to be a trend setter. So what ideas can we steal from HRH?
- Do a test run. Kate only decided to go the DIY makeup route after lessons and plenty of practice with a professional. Make sure you test your makeup look before the big day.
- Brows are back. Bigger defined brows were already set for a come back and Kate's wedding look certainly boosted that.
- Timeless beauty. Kate choices for hair, makeup and even the dress epitomise classic beauty. From a nude shade of lip colour to simply pale pink nails. Avoid the latest trends and go with timeless styles that won't date in photos.
- Stick to what you know. Kates look wasn't all that far off her usual day to day look. Make sure you feel comfortable with your wedding makeup and keep it close to your normal style but taken up a notch.
- Natural locks. Odds were on a right royal updo for the day, but instead Kate let her naturally beautiful hair do the work with a demi chignon. More relaxed styles are heading our way.
Be sure to keep an eye on the blog and our facebook page for DIY bridal makeup tips.