What could be a more perfect thank you to friends and family than a relaxing lavender bath bomb? Easy to make and under $1 each these cute little favours are ideal to finish off our lavender beach wedding.
You will need:
Citric acid (try your local chemist, just tell the pharmacist what you want it for)
Lavender essential oil
Almond oil (if you can't find this at your local supermarket try a health food store)
Molds (if you can't find specific bath bomb mold you could use chocolate molds for smaller bombs)
1. Mix 1/2 cup of citric acid, 1 1/4 cups of baking soda and 1/4 cup of dried lavender together in a bowl.
2. Add 15 drops of your lavender essential oil, 2 tsp of water and a couple of drops of blue and a couple of drops of red food colouring.
3. Slowly add between 2 to 6tbsp of almond oil until the mixture with hold together.
4. Roll spoonfulls of your bath bomb mix into lightly oiled molds and leave to set for a few minutes. They will start to expand. Remove from the molds and allow to thoroughly dry out on waxed paper for a day or two.
5. Wrap a ribbon around the bath bomb from top to bottom and finish off with a bow, or display surrounded by little shells as above.